It’s no secret that gram is a different platform, long gone are the days when posting a pretty photo and a 3-word caption would lead to massive growth. #fail! In this blog post, our social media queen Nicole Clarke shares the top 3 strategies to take your Instagram Influencer career to the next level in the Middle East!
Whether you’re just starting on your Instagram influencer journey or already have thousands of followers, these strategies will help you:
- Foster an engaged community
- Land collaborations left and right AND CENTRE!
- Build your empire
Identify Your Niche and Content Pillars
The more focused and niched you are in the beginning, the easier you’ll be able to grow a community that trusts and loves your content – more importantly YOU!
Here are some questions to help you discover your niche:
- What am I most passionate about?
- What am I most knowledgeable about?
- What could I happily create content for without making a single dirham?
Once you have your overall niche established, you can focus on your content pillars — 3 to 5 sub-topics topics you’ll consistently create content for.
If you’re a beauty blogger, your content pillars could include facial tips, lifestyle, and social media insights.
Once you have those pillars established, it’ll be a lot simpler to create content for Instagram.
And you’ll be able to build a consistent content calendar for the month — no more last-minute scrambling!
Write Meaningful Captions
Captions are a great opportunity to spark conversation, provide value, and form meaningful connections with your community.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when writing your captions:
- Make the first line eye-catching enough to encourage users to stop scrolling. Some examples include “The ultimate guide to…”, “5 things you should know about…”, “The real truth about…”, “Anyone else feels like…?”, or “Do you know how to…?”
- End your captions with a CTA (call-to-action). It could be a question, an invitation to share or an ask for advice.
- Make your caption easy to read. There’s nothing worse than a long caption that is only one paragraph — so break it up!
- Use some fun, on-brand emojis. This will make them more visually exciting, but remember to make sure the format is accessible-friendly.
Learn About Your Audience
To succeed as an Instagram influencer, knowing everything about the people who follow you will help you create content that resonates — and ultimately performs well.
Learning about your audience will also help you ensure that you collaborate with brands that they’ll love and might buy from.
Plus, if you want to create a product one day (an online course, a clothing line, or a digital product), knowing your audience’s interests, desires, and struggles will be helpful in ensuring you won’t launch crickets.
We are TishTash, Dubai-based marketing, and public relations agency specializing in lifestyle brands. We also boost the Instagram Influencer‘s Engagement