Being a blogger is easy. All you need to do is start a blog and start writing. Simple, right?
Have you ever thought what it takes to become a successful blogger? Have you ever wondered how they make thousands of dollars every month? Here’s our top tips to get you started and on your journey!
1. Take quality photos
When figuring out how to create a blog, any blog related topic, the common denominator should be photos – make sure they are eye-catching, bright, and crisp. You can do a lot with even the most basic of digital cameras. Just avoid using your flash, use lots of natural light, experiment with your settings, especially ISO and exposure. Brands want to work with those with quality content.
2. Discover your writing style
How do you that? By experimenting of course!
- A catchy lead – Pull the reader in within the first few lines.
- Comfy casual – Aim to have a conversational tone in your posts, allowing your true writer’s voice to come through, quirky though it may be!
- Incorporate a call to action – Give an opportunity for your readers to respond, usually at the end of posts.
- Thorough and clear tutorials – If you tend to like a lot of details and photos when reading tutorials, those are the kind of tutorials you should try and create too.
3. Research on your Blog’s Target Audience
Every blog post you write must accomplish two things:
- It should align with your Business Goals: Meaning, it should in some way help you either create brand awareness or promote a product (that you may have created or want to create) or generate leads.
- It should help your readers actually solve a problem and be useful: Build trust by continuously under-promising and over-delivering and you will grow your blog and following exponentially.
By paying attention to these two points, you will be creating content that brings you more traffic for years to come.
4. Give due credit
Was your DIY pallet headboard inspired by a pin? Show them some “link love” in your post by giving them a shout-out and direct link to their blog post. Want to create a round-up of holiday projects? Provide captions with hyper-linked text that lead people to the original source. Not only is this important from a legal standpoint, but it’s polite. Giving credit also pertains to your own photos.
5. You’re not going to make money right away
A lot of us expect to become rich within 30 days, but please understand that there is a back story behind these income reports. Don’t feel disheartened if it’s been a few months and you’ve made very little money. It’s okay. It’s normal. Just focus on producing quality content for your target audience, gaining traffic that converts and blog with a plan and trust us the rest will follow.