It’s fair to say that eyelash extensions can take our look from drab to fab in an instant. The advantages of lash extensions are endless. From knocking off vital minutes getting ready in the morning as you don’t need to add extra make up for a natural day time look, to the zillions of compliments you will receive, lashes are definitely here to stay and are a part of many women’s beauty regime.
With an abundance of different lashes currently on the market today, it can be a little challenging deciding on which type to choose. Fluffy, full-on glam or a softer, natural look? An experienced Lash Artist such as the wonderful Miko Su at Twiink Studio in Abu Dhabi, offers a detailed consultation with all clients prior to application so that she can ascertain details on your day-to-day routine and advise you which lashes will offer you longevity.
Once you have made the all-important decision on your lash style, and have your fluttery new lashes applied, it is vital to follow these simple steps to get the most out of your lashes and help them last the test of time.
- Before your appointment, ensure your eyes are completely make-up free with no residue from mascara and other products.
- Use an oil free toner and cleanser to clean your eyes and remove make-up.
- If you’re a keen surfer or diver, it is worth bearing in mind that the friction can loosen your lashes!
- To maintiain your lashes, you can gently brush them daily to keep them looking neat and on point.
- As tempting as it may be, do not pluck, twist, pull or play with your lash extensions! You will loosen them and they won’t last as long as they should do.
- If you are a fan of hot activities such as the sauna, hot yoga & sunbathing, be aware that heat can soften the lash glue and encourage lash dropout.
- Avoid swimming if you can as the chlorine in swimming pools eats away the lash glue.
- Don’t use very hot water during your shower or bath for too long.
- Applying mascara on top of your lash extensions can cause damage to your natural lashes and make them very difficult to remove – properly applied lashes shouldn’t need an extra help!
- Always ensure you have a full consultation with a trusted and experienced lash therapist who will offer you a lash extension for your lifestyle as well as your look.
- To book your appointment at Twiink Studio, please call +971 58 5894465 (0585 TWIINK) and keep up to date with the latest Twiink Studio news on social media @twiinkstudio.
Peace, love & lashes,
Team TishTash xx