The 9th of October marks the beginning of Baby Loss Awareness Week across the globe. For the last 18 years this week has aimed to bring awareness and support to the many people affected by baby loss, a topic that is far too silent both here in the region and across the globe.
The global awareness week runs from 9th October to the 15th October and culminates in the Wave of Light on the 15th October to mark World Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day.
The annual Love Through Loss Commemoration Afternoon will be held on Friday 15th October, 5:30 pm – 7:30pm.
Our Commemoration Afternoon, held within the private gardens of Al Barari in Dubai, offers those families who we have seen through the devastation and heartache of pregnancy loss, stillbirth, Neo-Natal or infant loss and those who have become known to us since, a chance to come together in remembrance in a way that benefits each individual. Find more information and REGISTER your details below using the link for a personalised star in your baby’s name before Wednesday 13th October 2021 at noon UAE time.
As part of their dedication to breaking down barriers for women in the region, and opening conversations that may be difficult to have in the mainstream, a number of incredible communities have come together to create Love Through Loss – a virtual one day event to bring together pregnancy and baby loss survivors, as well as those who have struggled or been unable to become parents. The goal being to support the UAE community of women and men that have been affected by baby loss and to raise awareness across the Middle East and beyond.
Register to the sessions below:
- 9.45am: Welcome Love Through Loss Event UAE – First of it’s kind – Click Here to register
- 10am: IVF Loss and and fertility struggles – Click Here to register
- 10.30am: Ectopic Loss – Click Here to register
- 11am: Miscarriage – Click Here to register
- 11.45am: Termination for Medical/maternal Health reasons – Click Here to register
- 12.30pm: Womb healing – Click Here to register
- 1.30pm: Loss in a Multiple Pregnancy – Click Here to register
- 2.15pm: Stillbirth – Click Here to register
- 3pm: NICU and Infant Loss – Click Here to register
- 3.45pm: Funeral Arrangements/Repatriation – Click Here to register
- 4.15pm: Dad’s grieve too – Click Here to register
- 4.45pm: Support for Siblings, Family and Friends – Click Here to register
- 5:15pm: Memory making, Due dates, Anniversaries, and keeping connection – Click Here to register
- 5:45pm: Childless not by choice – Click Here to register
- 6:15pm: Pregnancy after Loss – Click Here to register
- 6.45pm: Mindfulness in grief – Click Here to register
Thanks to the Love through Loss Organisation, IVF Support UAE, Small and Mighty Babies, TFMR Mamas and health and wellness agency TishTash, ANYONE effected by baby loss can come together to share, discuss and receive support and guidance.