Who doesn’t love a beauty hack? It saves time, product, and, often money too. From the benefits of changing your pillowcase more often, to making your own natural make-up remover, there are so many beauty tips out there in the world but here are some which you may like to give a try whilst in quarantine.
Here’s 11 resourceful skincare and make-up tips worth their hype. Read on to learn the shortcuts you’ll soon swear by!
- Wipe your sunglasses, prescription eyeglasses, and mobile phone daily with sanitizer. This will help kill any bacteria as well as keep those with acne-prone skin with fewer breakouts where the dirty device or glasses rest on the skin.
- Change pillowcases regularly. Sleep on one side of the pillow each night then change after each sleep – your skin will thank you to be rested on a fresh pillow. Dirty pillowcases can cause some serious breakouts.
- Brush your hair with a wet brush in the shower – It’s mane-changing. It’ll evenly spread the conditioner and remove knots and tangles. Plus, it eliminates having to brush again post-shower, and your hair air-dries with more body.
- Rub ice cubes on your face in the morning and gently massage your way upwards to remove any excess bloating on your face. If you have extra time on your hands like many of us do now, store and freeze some green tea into an ice tray and apply that.
- Too little sleep or under-eye bags? Keep a spoon in the freezer and hold it under your eyes to eliminate puffiness and aid in blood circulation. It works every time!
- Apply castor or olive oil with a cue-tip or a spoolie brush to your eyelashes or eyebrows overnight for quick growth. Those lashes need something extra especially after you have removed your extensions.
- If you’re all out of dry shampoo, baby powder will do the trick. Let it sit for a few minutes to absorb the excess oils, then rub it around to get rid of the white chalkiness.
- For that extra bushy brow effect, apply brow gel from the tail inward first, then re-apply from inner eye to tail. It gives the brows volume and the illusion of thickness (try it with a tinted brow gel for a more pronounced brow).
- Looking for an all-natural make-up remover/first cleanse? Go with coconut oil. It’s ideal for gently and effectively removing all traces of make-up, even on sensitive complexions.
- You can also use eye cream around your mouth to help minimize fine lines and plump your lips. This area is often overlooked, and while we have a lip balm for our actual lips, we rarely take care of the entire mouth area. Once you finish applying eye cream around your eyes, you can always take the remainder and dab it around your mouth.
- For a tinted body lotion, mix foundation (one to two shades darker than your skin tone if you’re looking for a tanned effect) with a dollop of liquid illuminizer and lotion, and apply to the entire body. It covers imperfections and redness, evens skin tone, and gives you that overall coveted glow. Just wait a bit before putting on your clothes, as the foundation will transfer.